Sunday 1 September 2013

Easy like Monday morning.

Not quite sure where the post title came from but I assure you they won't all be song titles! I'm in my craft cave and the view out the window is gorgeous....looks like being another stunning spring day today.


During my (mad,crazy, what was I thinking?) challenge conversation, I promised to share pictures of my stash. I'm not going into great detail - it would take way too long anyway - but here are some snaps of my 'Wall of Stash'.

First an overall view....


And.......


On the left of the first photo you can see my dressmaking fabrics and a few craft fabrics, some of which will become summer skirts but mostly I am using them to make project bags for my etsy shop.
In the black and red baskets there is a mix of yarn and fibre, bottom two on the right contain fibre, the other four contain yarn.
The second picture has some fabric wip's in the left two cubbies (they are small cubbies!) and the rest contain various yarns, including my handspun.

What's not in the pictures is a 60l tub full of yarn - mostly cotton - and a 60l tub full of patchwork/craft fabric. I can barely get to that part of my stash right now and that will be a whole other part of the challenge haha.

I'm off on a small road trip today with my sister-in-law and a Dutch friend of my younger brother who is part way through a flying visit of NZ. We are taking her for a walk round Pukekura Park, which will be beautiful on a day like today, then off to Mike's Mild Ales for lunch and possibly a tour of the micro brewery. That part will be a bit of a busman's holiday for Laurien as she is an Assistant Manager in a bar in London......but she is keen to go. I will take my portable knitting project for something to do in the car.




2 comments:

  1. A craft cave!! ohhh, and some yummy looking stash in there too - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promised I would ;-) I do have some very yummy stash and I'm looking forward to being reacquainted with it over the next year!

      Delete