Monday 9 September 2013

First Stash Project

Ok, so it's a bit of a stretch....it only used about 15 metres of yarn ;-)

But...it's a project from stash so I'm claiming it as my first in my challenge!  I felt the need for a small break from my current projects but I knew I couldn't knit anything too time consuming as most of my current wip's are for *whisper* Christmas. A few months ago my friend, Suzanne (suzanne16 on Ravelry) made a Ribband by Laura Nelkin and I just loved it.  After initially thinking I couldn't make one in my favourite peacock blue colour I had a rummage and found the leftovers from my last Boo-knits mystery. Perfect! I didn't have quite enough of the dark beads but substituted a pair of lighter ones every 7 rows. The length is perfect to wrap round my wrist........

or to wear as a necklace.......(bad photo!)


It took me about 6 hours of knitting including threading the beads. I will definitely be making more of these as gifts.


Yesterday I wound some yarn for the rest of my Xmas pressies....


I think I have most of them covered.  I also finished the Promise Me beaded shawl and it has turned out really well, I love the pops of colour from the beads.


My next big job is to have a big tidy up in my craft cave...there is a lot of 'stuff' in there that needs to find a new home. If I am going to be spending a lot of time in there over the next year using up all my stash then I want it to be a workable space that doesn't frustrate me.  It could take a while!

5 comments:

  1. I like the bracelet, very pretty. The shawl is beautiful too of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm very pleased with the bracelet/necklace :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the wee pops of colour on your shawl - so pretty! and The wrist band is cool too - haven't seen those before!

    You are so organised with your Christmas knitting.. I suppose it is getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren Nelkin and quite a few nice beaded/knitted jewellery designs. I'm glad the purple pops on the shawl.

      Well I wouldn't say organised lol.....but yes it is getting closer, especially in knitting days ;-)

      Delete
  3. I have yet to do any knitted jewelry, but that one is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete