Thursday 5 September 2013

The C word!

That would be Christmas......tut, tut ;-)
On one hand it seems incredibly early to be talking about Christmas but in knitting terms it really isn't far away! If I want to knit things to be posted back to the UK I need to have them done by the beginning of December.......I never have them done in time for the last cheap post day so I forget about that!

I won't be able to tell you who the recipients are, just in case they read this. I like to knit for as many of my friends and family as I can. I really enjoy gift knitting and seem to power through a project much faster if it's for someone else rather than for me. I enjoy the time I spend knitting and thinking about how much (I hope) they will like it and when they will wear it. 

Most of my gift knitting for this year was already planned before KAN and before my challenge took shape -  I have four projects currently on the needles that are for Xmas gifts.

First of all a pair of Burning Stripes socks in Knitsch sock yarn (Zidler and Chelsea).......


Then a Noro striped scarf except mine isn't in Noro! I've used Garnstudio Drops Delight and I love the subtle way the colours are working out........


Next up is my Unwind shawl in the beautiful Mink yarn from Skeinz.......


And lastly a Boo Knits shawl called Promise Me in Dye for Yarn 100% silk in a dark, dark navy (which has photograohed purple!) called Black Mage......this is currently in my bad books because I am having to tink back the last row.  I made a stupid mistake and was one stitch out the whole row!!  What made it worse was that I made the same dumb mistake the first time I knitted it! Thank goodness I didn't cast off :-O  There's a story to this one which I will share once it is gifted.


I have more planned so really need to get my A into G and get knitting! I will be making two shawls for myself before Christmas as I'm taking part in two mystery KAL's, one a Westknits and one a Booknits so I will be a busy little knitter!

I will finish with this stunning photo of the mountain that I took on my day out the other day. We went for lunch down at the port and had a walk along the harbour.....no matter how many times I see the mountain in all it's glory it still amazes me and looks like someone has rolled a backdrop down behind the town!


2 comments:

  1. Ooo love your shawl, are you joining in with the Booknits Halloween KAL? I'm still deciding which beads to do for mine.

    Love the socks too, added that to my ravelry favourites, the contrasting lines are a really nice detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Evelyn, the shawl is finished (after a bit of a hiccup!) and will be blocked today, then to start the second one...a sister to this one;-) Yes I am doing Boo's mystery....my yarn and beads are in the previous post. I'm also doing the Westknits mystery, Colour Craving. The Burning Stripes pattern and technique is great for striping and not having yarn floats.

    ReplyDelete