Saturday 21 September 2013

Itching to knit


I was looking back at my first post and at this photo......yum!


I am really itching to knit up some of those new yarns!  I thought I would share with you what my plans are for some of them (no, they don't all have plans....shhh!).

These three scrumptious skeins of Fyberspates are going to be a Netty Cowl Knit a Long with three of my best friends who, luckily, also happen to knit ;-)  We have decided to make this a New Year project once we have all finished knitting for others over the Festive Season.  I am really looking forward to using this yarn....it is so soft and shiny, shine always looks luxurious.



I bought these two skeins of Vintage Purls specifically to make a Summit stole. This pattern had been in my favourites for quite a while but it jumped to the top of my queue after seeing this version by StokesVegas when we bumped into her while we were checking out of the hotel after KAN. She used slightly smaller needles than the pattern suggested and it made for a stole/wrap with a bit more structure. It looks even more amazing in real life.



This gorgeous, vibrant orange - although the word 'orange' in no way describes the stunning colour of this yarn - by Fibre2go is already in use in my Westknits Mystery.  While I adore the colour I have to say the yarn is a little bit splitty.  I can live with that for the stunning colour though. By the way, your guess is as good as mine as to what shape this will end up being....one thing you can be sure of with a Westknits mystery is that you won't know until the final clue - that's the best type of mystery for me!



I also have some of Fibre2go's fibre to spin up although I have no idea what this will become.  Every now and then I take it out and stroke it and dream about what I will spin with it.....again, the colours are so vibrant and alive, they truly make me smile :-)


Hmmm......definitely a theme developing here - these are the colours I love but sometimes I think I should break out and try something different. Then again if I don't love the colour how can I work with it or wear it once it's finished?!

Over the weekend I finished the Gap-tastic cowl too....another gift to tick off the list. This yarn is so soft and squishy. I was a bit worried when I blocked it as it lost its definition at first but was fine once it dried.



Next onto my needles is the second 'sister shawl', Sweet Dreams. I also want to knit 3 face cloths and two pairs of mittens, plus two pairs of socks and 4 shawls...all by Christmas! A bit ambitious maybe??

3 comments:

  1. You can SO do all of your projects! Last year, having only been knitting for a year, I didn't start until September and ended up knitting seven sweaters and a blanket for Christmas (I was too naive to know how ridiculous my list was)!

    The Vintage Purl color is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes ignorance is bliss ;) I'm sure I can get them all done too but don't want to leave it too late for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cowl looks lovely! As does that pile of yarn!!! I'm so intrigued by the Mystery Knit, I love to watch what they turn into, did attempt to join in last year, but seems I like to be in control... lol

    ReplyDelete