Friday 30 August 2013

It started with a tweet....

....and was sealed when I made a public pledge on twitter to knit, sew and spin only from stash for the next year! This photo of my haul from Knit August Nights in Napier was what started the challenge conversation.......


.......followed by my flippant comment that I could knit for a year without needing to add to my stash!  Me and my big mouth - or fingers in this case!
So, the conversation evolved and I have committed (or perhaps I should be committed!) to knitting, sewing and spinning only from stash for the next year. The year will finish on the last weekend of August which is when I will be going to KAN again. 

I also want to get back to making my own clothes so that is another part of the big overall challenge.

There are a few caveats: 
It won't include haberdashery or calico, if I need it, for mock garments.
It won't include fabric for a summer dressing gown for the husband.
It won't include possible fabric for 2 chairs I want to cover...if I have time in the next year lol.
It won't include purchases/gifts for swaps (giving and receiving) - one of which I'm already committed to taking part in. 
Obviously, it won't include any fabric for anything work related.

So...here I go! Wish me luck and please help me keep on the straight and narrow.

11 comments:

  1. You have to be careful what you flippantly comment on twitter ;) Can't wait to see what you have planned - I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I certainly learnt that the hard way! To be honest it had been at the back of my mind since I came back from Napier. I am feeling quite excited about i.

      Delete
  2. Here's to an exciting year ahead... full of challenges and fun projects! You can do this, and I will be cheering all the way with you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fun and challenging! Thanks for the support......I wonder how I feel once I start to detox lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very SS of you!!! Will follow with interest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that! Kill two birds with one stone, something else I need to get on top of! Thanks Denise, lovely to see you here :-)

      Delete
  5. Awesome challenge. I am not sure I could last a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The length of the challenge was mostly because I had just returned from KAN and added yet more yarn to my stash! I know I will be going again next year so the time frame seemed to fit. Also, it had to be a decent amount of time to be a challenge ;-)

      Delete
    2. The length of the challenge was mostly because I had just returned from KAN and added yet more yarn to my stash! I know I will be going again next year so the time frame seemed to fit. Also, it had to be a decent amount of time to be a challenge ;-)

      Delete
  6. I popped over from Sezza's blog....and I'll be back. I can't wait to see what you're up to over the next year! You can do it! and I look forward to watching your stash dwindle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the visit and the support.....I need to find a way of recording how much yardage of both yarn and fabric I have used and at the end of the year posting another stash photo to see if it shows!!

    ReplyDelete